So this is what I have done this year:
- Educated myself on foods, ingredients, recipes via the internet, talking to people, documentaries, television, and recipe books (I have a TON of them) and learned what I like and don't like.
- Introduced myself to a new food, fruit, vegetable, grain, meat, cut of meat, bean, cheese, egg, grain milks, dairy, etc and tried it to see if I liked it or even what to do with it.
- I have discovered my passion is cooking and educating others in how to live their lifestyle fully from a healthy perspective and reading labels.
- Read labels that I was too scared to look at to discover how much fat, cholesterol, sodium, calories, etc are in the junk they put out there.
- Discovered GMOs are in practically everything that is processed, including SUBWAY and other "healthy" and "unhealthy" restaurants.
- Discovered everything we put in our mouth is not necessarily good for us and sometimes not necessarily bad for us.
- Discovered new recipes that I actually like and introducing others to new recipes even though they cringed at first, they got over it and tried it and said it was delicious!
This is the first of many blogs that are to come. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for any new topics or something you want to ask but were too afraid to find out the answer. I will try my best to help you in anyway possible.
Thanks and God Bless